We’re driving the next generation of financial tech and are empowering our customers to use payments as a competitive advantage.
Our payments & banking platform is built to optimise processes for businesses who make and take payments in the UK and Europe, enabling them to securely process Visa, Mastercard and a variety of mobile wallet payments via web, mobile and virtual terminal, with enhanced acceptance rates and automation.
We work with our customers to co-create tailored payment strategies that meet their unique needs. We have built a sophisticated dashboard environment, the Acquired Hub, which is a truly integrated payment solution for pay-in and pay-out services. Our platform helps build deeper relationships with our customers, replacing manual processes with automated tools and providing actionable insights through a deep understanding of transaction data and advanced payment technologies. We’ve also developed a proprietary Paybybank solution which is currently in pilot and will be officially launched to market in the coming months.
We’re at a really exciting stage of growth and are scaling fast, so if you thrive in an environment that’s constantly evolving, where purpose-driven culture is seen as an enabler to achieve outcomes and where unique differences are celebrated, then Acquired.com could be the place for you!
At Acquired.com, we rely on powerfully insightful data to power our systems and solutions. We’re seeking an experienced Data Engineer, to deliver insights on a daily basis. Our ideal teammate will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate goal of realising the data’s full potential. You will join a team of data specialists, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future.
You will be responsible for building elegant and scalable data pipelines that analyse, process, and deliver structured and unstructured data using a variety of big data tools and platforms.
You will be working closely with our Product Director to strategise, experiment, and deliver on improvements to our existing products and services while also uncovering new capabilities. As a core contributor to our data engineering efforts, you’ll design and own mission-critical infrastructure to enable faster data implementations and integrations with customers.
We need creative and resourceful collaborators who will actively listen to problems and then accelerate the team towards success.
Key Objectives of the Role
- Develop and scale Acquired.com’s data engineering strategy
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategise and execute the development of data products
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across our organisation
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Devise and utilise algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyse data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with developers and product teams, as well as cross-functionally
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- Research and evaluate new and emerging technologies, from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in data science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Drive and the resilience to try new ideas if the first one doesn't work - you'll be expected to work with minimal supervision, so it's important that you're self-motivated
- Planning, time management and organisational skills
- The ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions.
If this sounds like you, we've love to hear from you! Apply for more details.
We believe building diverse teams isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s the special ingredient that’s been key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, social status, or age. Our office is accessible, and we are a family-friendly employer.