About the role
We’re driving the next generation of financial tech and are empowering our customers to use payments as a competitive advantage.
Our payments & banking platform is built to optimise processes for businesses who make and take payments in the UK and Europe, enabling them to securely process Visa, Mastercard and a variety of mobile wallet payments via web, mobile and virtual terminal, with enhanced acceptance rates and automation.
We work with our customers to co-create tailored payment strategies that meet their unique needs. We have built a sophisticated dashboard environment, the Acquired Hub, which is a truly integrated payment solution for pay-in and pay-out services. Our platform helps build deeper relationships with our customers, replacing manual processes with automated tools and providing actionable insights through a deep understanding of transaction data and advanced payment technologies. We’ve also developed a proprietary Paybybank solution which is currently in pilot and will be officially launched to market in the coming months.
We’re at a really exciting stage of growth and are scaling fast, so if you thrive in an environment that’s constantly evolving, where purpose-driven culture is seen as an enabler to achieve outcomes and where unique differences are celebrated, then Acquired.com could be the place for you!
Our Direct Business Development team at Acquired.com are strategic operators, accelerating our growth, geographical reach and product offering through creative and innovative merchant engagements.
As our Senior Business Development Manager, you will collaborate with the wider Commercial team to identify opportunities across a focussed number of verticals and markets.
You’re key to Acquired.com’s success, you’ll be a strong brand ambassador as you lead commercial and relationship discussions, with a keen eye on the P/L to ensure we offer the most sustainable and competitive offering on the market. This is an exciting role for someone with commercial experience and a strong interest in solutions who wants to help shape the future of Acquired.com, and directly impact our expansion and payments strategy
We need a creative and resourceful collaborator who will actively listen to problems and then accelerate the team towards success.
In return, we promise that you will become part of an incredible culture with a team that will support you and help you to succeed. Your development is so important to us and with a tailored learning program, we will ensure you grow with Acquired.com!
- Research and full immersion of sectors and market verticals, identify key business opportunities as they fit with the broader company strategy.
- Manage an end-to-end process: find the right medium to large merchants, identify solutions to problems using insights and data, negotiate the commercial agreements and contracts, complete account opening forms, explain our compliance processes, pass due diligence, and do anything else needed to be ready for Integration and Go-Live.
- Work with our Compliance team, and grow regulatory knowledge to ensure our merchants and processes are fully compliant.
- Collaborate with the Product Management, to help define the opportunities and direction for our products. Collaborate across teams and inspire others so that we deliver the best solution.
- Work closely with product teams to develop our vision and build better products and experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with marketing to build pipeline and optimise the conversion of campaigns.
- Work in partnership with the Integration team to optimise merchant integration experience and conversion.
- Be the voice of the customer in internal product discussions, and influence future product features and developments.
- Own world-class presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Lead long and complex deal cycles with ease, independently negotiating the most ideal terms with a clear product vision and understanding in mind. Architecting the ideal operational and commercial process with every new sector / merchant opportunity.
- You get stuff done. You lead by example to deliver what is needed – we’re a fast-growing company and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive. You will need to be happy building complex relationships one day whilst at the same time also balancing more basic day-to-day tasks such as form-filling and client due diligence.
- You’ll use your knowledge of sectors, and operating models to influence decision-makers. You’re excellent at managing those relationships and are constantly creating opportunities to improve them.
What you’ll bring
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a New Business Development role, working in a PISP, PSPs, Fintech or other Payments technology provider preferred.
- You have a flair for written and verbal communication.
- Have deep knowledge of the eCommerce space.
- Have a passion for fintech.
- Be proficient in building financial models and pricing proposals.
- Be able to manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders internally and. externally, both technical and non-technical.
- Have an insatiable appetite for learning, you are open to receiving feedback and taking accountability.
- You can handle ambiguous and chaotic times with composure, and whilst staying incredibly organised.
- You navigate the roller coaster that is sales - riding the highs and getting creative to shake things up during the lows.
- Focused on driving process improvement and being creative in your approach .
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale.
- Motivated by finding ways to use process to produce results (not as an end unto itself).
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical.
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role.
We believe building diverse teams isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s better for our people, our customers and our communities. It’s the special ingredient that’s been key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, social status, or age. We are a family-friendly employer.